Spanish Studies Abroad offers graduate credit for a limited number of content courses taught during the short term intensive programs at our Center in Seville:
Graduate students may earn graduate-level credit for a summer internship. Spanish Studies Abroad may accommodate students interested in completing an 8-week internship according to the summer-format, during other times of the year. Interested students must apply for these programs 10 weeks in advanced of their expected arrival date.
Graduate credit may be earned for the following summer courses:
- SPAN 312S: Foundations of Spanish Culture
- SPAN 336S: Spain and the European Union
- SPAN 360S: 20th Century Spanish Theater
- SPAN 380S: Mosaic: Jews, Muslims, and the Spanish Experience
- ARHI 386S: Al-Andalus: Art & Culture of Muslim Spain
- EDML 394S: The Psychology of Learning a Second Language
- SPAN 425S: Women Writers of Spain
- EDML 400S: Practicum in Education
- EDML 492S: Culture in the Classroom: Seminar for Teachers of Spanish
Graduate credit may be earned for the following winter course: SPAN 312J: Foundations of Spanish Culture
In order to receive the stipulation “Graduate Credit” on a transcript, students must:
- be currently pursuing a graduate degree or certification program
- complete all coursework at a distinguished level
- submit an additional research paper of 15-20 pages, written in Spanish, with a bibliography on a topic selected in consultation with the professor of the course
There is an additional fee of US$60.00 per credit, to be paid to Spanish Studies Abroad by the final payment deadline.
Interested students are invited to contact our U.S. office at email@example.com or (413) 256-0011.